- "This certificate has taught me about Latinx issues and has prepared me to become a professional with a strong background on the history of Latinxs and the most pressing issues for the community…
- "My extracurriculars and this certificate have complemented each other and allowed me to conduct research and plan events related to my identity and issues facing all communities of color.
- "The LSGS certificate curriculum has helped me to further understand and engage in social and political issues surrounding Latinx communities, and the experience has helped me refine my skills in…
- "I feel quite grateful for the attention and the wonderful opportunities the LSGS Certificate program has offered during my time at Duke, and hope to continue watching the program grow,…
- "(I want to) apply what I have learned not only to the United States but also to other regions of the world with ethnic identity conflicts."
- "The great thing about fields like Latino/a studies is that they can be applied to almost any other area."
- "(I took) many great classes (including) Introduction to Latino/a Studies History."
- "I have bounced around a lot and Duke has allowed me to experiment and to pursue different tracks."
- "Before this class, I was forced to view and understand the Latino/a community solely through the lens of the media..."
- "I learned the push and pull factors of immigration and other Latino/a issues that are so many times kept in silence."
- "The certificate has truly enriched my undergraduate career."
- "The course made me feel less isolated during my first semester away from home..."
- "Latino/a Studies has definitely taught me to see the world in a more holistic sense."
- "I quickly realized that this was the program that would allow me to interweave all of my interests."